Our laboratory’s activities are focusing on clinical research in patients with epilepsy or disorders of consciousness of various origin, including status-epilepticus and post-anoxic coma.
In epilepsy, six main research axes are being developed:
1) pathophysiology and prevention of Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy Patients (SUDEP)
2) seizure detection in ambulatory patients using mobile health technology
3) optimisation of pre-surgical evaluation and epilepsy surgery
4) therapeutic drug monitoring of antiepileptic drugs and its involvement in the clinical practice
5) pharmacology/biomarkers of epilepsy
6) epidemiology and management of status-epilepticus
In disorders of consciousness, our current research primarily focuses on outcome prognostication of acute coma, particularly after cardiac arrest.
The methods used in our laboratory include clinical neurophysiology (scalp-EEG, intra-cerebral EEG, evoked potentials), neuroimaging (MRI, functional MRI, PET), biology (dosage of AEDs, genomic), epidemiology and randomized controlled trials.