26 mai 2015
Invité : Prof. Kenneth Fearon
Enhanced Recovery and the Surgical Oncologist
Professor Kenneth CH Fearon
Professor of Surgical Oncology
Professor Fearon’s educational qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBCh Hons), University of Glasgow, 1982
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), University of Glasgow, 1986
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (FRCPS), Glasgow, 1988
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Edinburgh ad eundem 1996
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), England ad eundem 1997
Appointments and activities
- Professor of Surgical Oncology, Edinburgh University 1989 - present and Consultant Surgeon since April 1993.
- Author of 120 peer reviewed publications on aspects of Human Nutrition, Surgical Metabolism and Nutritional Oncology.
- CRC Research Fellow, Department of Medical Oncology 1982 - 1986 Cuthbertson Medal, Nutrition Society 1991.
- Undergraduate career in Glasgow University with award of Brunton Memorial Prize and MBChB with Honours (Glasgow) and Surgery/Surgical Oncology (Glasgow and Edinburgh).
- Examiner Intercollegiate Specialty Board in General Surgery
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Research Board
- Member National Cancer Research Institute (CRI) Palliative Care Cachexia Sub-Group
- Member Scottish Home Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) Managed clinical Network (MCN) Executive Committee
- President International Association for Surgical Nutrition and metabolism