Lausanne Airway Course
15,16 & 17 mai 2023
CHUV - Lausanne - Suisse
A common platform for the airway surgeon (otorhinolaryngologists, pediatric surgeons, thoracic surgeons, general surgeons) anesthetists, intensivists and nurses
Theme: Multilevel collaboration between doctors, specialized nurses and auxiliary staff
When: 15th, 16th, 17th May 2023
Where: Lausanne, Switzerland
- The course emphasizes on an AIRWAY TEAM APPROACH and therefore it would be ideal for the entire team (doctors and nurses) involved in managing a compromised airway.
- Nurses (N) and auxiliary staff (AS) play a critical role in the overall management strategy, and would be highlighted in this edition. (Maximum two members (N / AS) per team can attend the course and the hands-on workshop free of cost).
- The course is designed to get the airway surgeons, pediatric & adult anesthetists, intensivists and nurses together on a common platform to discuss management of airway conditions like congenital airway malformations, intubation injuries, laryngotracheal stenosis, complex airway anomalies with tracheotomies and the combined oeso-tracheal lesions.
- The course format will include:
- Didactic lectures
- Endoscopy (live / recorded)
- Hands-on workshop for Surgeons & Anesthesiologists
- Hands-on workshop for Nurses (surgery & anesthesia)
The Lausanne Airway Team
Dr Kishore SANDU (Course director)