Clinical Ethics Committee
This committee deals with ethical issues that concern the CHUV as an institution or that require a general recommendation. For example, it has dealt with:
- the revision of the institutional policy on assisted suicide
- the implementation of advance directives (directives written by the patient on how he or she wishes to be cared for in the event of loss of decisional capacity)
- general questions related to medically assisted reproduction.
You can directly consult its written statements.
The following persons or groups may refer matters to the Committee:
- patients of the CHUV, their legal surrogates, their relatives, their family physicians or a patient association
- clinical staff and members of the board of management of the CHUV
- cantonal health authorities
- members of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine