You might ask yourself : what is digital rheumatology ?
Here is the answer: digital solutions are rapidly entering rheumatology as well as other fields in medicine.
This is an new exciting field which helps to improve patient care. We are interested in the following topics:
- Digital biomarker
- Digital patient reported outcomes
- Adjuvant digital therapy
- Interactive diagnosis
- Artificial intelligence
- Virtual reality
The possibilities to improve patient care, teaching and our organisation are enormous. For example, in our multimodal pain program we use wearables to analyse sleep patterns and mobility as well as virtual reality tools.
We are currently developing several digital applications in rheumatology:
- Rheumacademy.ch as a digital case platform to discuss, teach and archive rheumatologic cases.
- We apply performing artificial intelligence and deep learning methods to predict radiographic progression and response to treatments in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. The aim is systematically simulate different treatment options in each patient in order to personalize and precise our treatment.
- An application to learn how to prevent gout attacks e.g. by supporting a treat to target strategy
- Applications to detect inflammatory disease activity in arthritis
- Diagnosis expert systems