To study the mechanisms involved in cartilage degradation in degenerative and inflammatory arthritis.
In the past we have unraveled key mechanisms how crystals and other factors (e.g. fibrin) trigger inflammation and cartilage damage and work actively on new treatment strategies for crystal arthropathy and osteoarthritis.
- Involvment of xanthine oxidase in inflammation
- Pathogenic role of BCP crystals in osteoarthritis
- Chondrosynovial adhesion
- Pathologic bone remodeling in osteoarthritis (osteoimmunology)
- Neurogenic inflammation in osteoarthritis
- Cell culture including primary cultures of macrophages and chondrocytes
- Crystal intra-articular injection
- Knee meniscectomy model of OA
- Murine models of rheumatoid arthritis
- Immunohistochemical analysis
- Flow cytometry of bone resident cells