GONADOTROPIN-RELEASING HORMONE RECEPTOR
- OMIM 138850
- Located at chromosome 4q21.22
- Encodes the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor, a member of the G protein-coupled, Ca2+-dependent family of receptors.
- Located on the cell surface of pituitary gonadotropes, GnRHR transduces GnRH signals and modulates the synthesis and secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH).
- GnRHR comprises 3 exons and the corresponding mRNA (NM_000406.2) encodes a 328 amino acid protein, GNRHR.
- Mutations in GNRHR cause hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and are spread all over the gene.