Basic Science Working Group
WORKING GROUP 3: BASIC SCIENCE
The focus of Basic Science Working Group (WG3) is to bring together leading European experts in the field of neuroendocrine control of reproduction.
- Develop an interactome of basic expertise among Action members
- Lead creation of a European Reproductive Animal Model Clinic
- Help prioritize candidate genes identified through whole exome sequencing based on expression studies, cellular studies, and in silico analyses
- Identify biologically plausible candidate genes for GnRH deficiency through studies in model systems which will then be tested for mutations in the patients' DNA samples by the Genetics and Bioinformatics Working Group (WG2)
- Characterise the roles of novel disease genes in the neuroendocrine control of reproduction thus providing both validation and mechanistic insight