Short-term Scientifc Missions
Short term Scientific Missions (STSMs) are instruments aimed at developing scientific collaborations and strengthening existing networks by allowing scientists to go to an institution in another COST country to learn new techniques or to use methods not available in their own institution. STSMs principally target young scientists. More information on the COST STSMs can be found HERE. We invite all members of this COST Action to apply for STSMs.
- STSMs can vary from 1 week to 3 months (2'500 Euros) and up to six months for Early Stage Researchers (3'500 Euros).
- Applicants must be engaged in a research program in an institution from a COST country involved in the Action
- Both home and host institutions should be in a country participating in this COST Action
- Early Stage Researchers will have completed their MD or PhD degree less than 8 years ago
Types of Exchanges
- Participants from a home institution in a COST participating country to a host institution in another COST participating country OR to a formally approved host institution in a non-COST country.
- Participants from a formally approved home institution in a near neighbor country** to a host institution in a COST participating country. **Near Neighbor countries : Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Russia, Syria, Tunisia, and Ukraine.
How to apply
- Calls will be announced by the Action
- The applicant completes the online application form.
- After encoding the information, the on-line registration tool will issue a formal STSM application which has to be downloaded and sent by the applicant electronically (by e-mail as attachment) together with supporting information (CV, full workplan, list of publications, motivation letter, letter of support from the home institute) to Andrew Dwyer and to the future host institution of the STSM.
No STSMs will be funded without the approval and agreement of the host institution.
Recipients are required to submit a report following the STSM Report Template. No payment will take place before the STSM report is submitted and accepted by the Management Committee of the Action.
The number of funded exchanges will be based on the budget and evaluation by the Chair and Working Group Leaders. Additional questions can be sent to the STSM manager Andrew Dwyer.