Early Stage Researchers
Early Stage Researchers are those who have completed their MD or PhD degree less than 8 years ago. Two grant mechanisms are possible for Early Stage Researchers:
- Early Stage Research Conference Grants: These grants pay for conference and travel fees when a presentation has been accepted (see below).
- Short-term Scientific Missions: These grants pay up to 3500 Euros in order to study up to 6 months with another Action participant.
Conference Grants for Early Stage Researchers (ESR)
Early stage researchers are eligible to apply for 1 of 3 grants awarded per year within the COST Biomedicine and Molecular Biosciences Domain.
- Maximum of 3’000 Euros to be used for travel and conference/workshop fees
- MD or PhD, no more than 8 years since obtaining their degree
- Participation in the Action (i.e. Management Committee or Working Group)
- Acceptance of oral presentation at an international conference
How to apply
The following materials should be submitted to the COST office via the Action Chair (Nelly Pitteloud):
- Short CV
- Letter of motivation detailing a brief description of the applicant’s involvement with the COST Action, their interest in the conference, and requested amount
- Relevant information on the conference: dates and location, submitted abstract, and proof from organizers of acceptance for oral presentation
Final determination will be made by the Biomedicine Domain Committee 3 times per year (for 1 grant).
After the conference, a short written report is to be filed with the COST office and communicated to the Biomedicine Domain Committee and the Management Committee of this Action. Payment will be made following approval of the report by COST office. Individuals are only eligible to receive one Early Stage Researcher Conference Grant.