Neuropsychology and Neurorehabilitation
The Service of Neuropsychology and Neurorehabilitation staff offers undergraduate and postgraduate training in neuropsychology and cognitive neuroscience in the universities and technical colleges (Haute Écoles Spécialisées) of French-speaking Switzerland.
Training in clinical neuropsychology is offered in the form of 6 to 12 month internships and is open to psychologists (post-graduate) 5th year medicine students, and 3rd and 5th year speech and language therapy students.
The Service of Neuropsychology and Neurorehabilitation offers specialised training for different courses:
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne
- Undergraduate training (cognitive functions and clinical neuropsychology) for 2nd, 4th and 6th year medicine students
- APP Tutoring Neuroscience I and II
- Internships for 5th year medicine students
- Medical biology courses
- Neuroscience courses
- Post-university training centre for specialisation in psychiatry and consultation-liaison psychiatry, Lausanne (CEPUSPP)
- Multi-faculty cognitive neuroscience programme, University Hospitals of Geneva (HUG)
- Module: “Psychiatric neuroscience”
- Module: “Techniques for brain function investigation"
- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Geneva
- Undergraduate training in clinical neuropsychology and speech and language therapy
- Post graduate neuropsychology and undergraduate speech and language therapy internships
- Hautes Ecoles Spécialisées (Technical Institutes)
- Vaud school of Physiotherapy (Ecole vaudoise de physiothérapie): training in clinical neuropsychology
- Ecole d'études sociales et pédagogiques (option Occupational Therapy): training in clinical neuropsychology
- Haute école pédagogique: teacher training
Every year, the Service of Neuropsychology and Neurorehabilitation accepts psychology, medicine and speech and language therapy interns for training in neuropsychology. The Service is recognised as an “A” institution by the Swiss Association of Neuropsychologists (ASNP/SVNP).
The Service also organises internships for speech therapists in training.