Dr Tobias Zingg
PD Docteur en médecine
Domaines de compétences
- 2018 : European Board of Surgical Qualifications (EBSQ) - Emergency Surgery
- 2016 : Swiss Medical Association (FMH): Specialist in Visceral Surgery
- 2013 : Yale University: Surgical Critical Care, Trauma and Surgical Emergencies Fellowship.
- 2013 : American Association for the Surgery of Trauma (AAST): Acute Care Surgery Certificate
- 2008: Swiss Medical Association (FMH): Specialist in General Surgery
- 2008: United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE)
- 2000: MD - University of Lausanne School of Medicine
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Instructor and Course Director
Definitive Surgical Trauma Care (DSTC) Instructor
Medical Response to Major Incidents (MRMI) Instructor
Surgical Training and Experience:
Department of Visceral & Transplantation Surgery, CHUV, Lausanne (Prof. N. Demartines)
- 2019 – : Associate Physician (Médecin associé)
- 2013 – 2018: Staff Surgeon (1er Chef de clinique)
- 2011 – 2013 : Clinical Fellow
Section for Trauma, Critical Care & Surgical Emergencies
Yale University Hospital, New Haven CT, USA (Prof. K. Davis)
- 2008 – 2011 : Junior Staff Surgeon (Chef de clinique)
- 2000 – 2008: Surgical Residency
General Surgery, Fribourg Cantonal Hospital (Prof. B. Egger & Prof. L Krähenbühl)
Trauma Surgery, Zurich University Hospital (Prof. O. Trentz)
General Surgery, Montreux Hospital (Dr. R. Cavin)
Prizes and awards
Teacher of the year award (2010)
Department of Visceral Surgery, Lausanne University Hospital, Switzerland
- European Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the European Board of Surgery – Emergency Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- International Surgical Society (ISS) (2009)
- International Association for Trauma Surgery and Intensive Care
- International Association for Surgical Metabolism and Nutrition
- Swiss Surgical Society
- Swiss Transplantation Society
- Swiss Society for Visceral Surgery
- Swiss Society for General and Trauma Surgery
- Swiss Medical Society (FMH)
Associate Editor, BMC Surgery
Publications (selection of five):
- Quality of team work and leadership during resuscitation: validity and reliability of the « Mayo High Performance Teamwork Scale – MHPTS » and « Leadership Behavior Description Questionnaire – LBDQ ». Haroutunian N, Yersin B, Trueb L, Zingg T. Anesthésie & Réanimation. 2019;5(1):22-30. doi: 10.1016/j.anrea.2018.01.004.
- Metabolic acidosis and the role of unmeasured anions in critical illness and injury.Zingg T, Bhattacharya B, Maerz LL. J Surg Res. 2018. doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2017.11.013.
- Proposal of a new preliminary scoring tool for early identification of significant blunt bowel and mesenteric injuries in patients at risk after road traffic crashes. Raharimanantsoa M, Zingg T, Thiery A, Brigand C, Delhorme J, Romain B. Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg.2017. doi.org/10.1007/s00068-017-0893-4.
- Association of pelvic fracture patterns, pelvic binder use and arterial angio-embolization with transfusion requirements and mortality rates; a 7-year retrospective cohort study. Agri F, Bourgeat M, Becce F, Moerenhout K, Pasquier M, Borens O, Yersin B, Demartines N, Zingg T. BMC Surg. 2017 Nov 9;17(1):104. doi: 10.1186/s12893-017-0299-6.
- Avoiding delayed diagnosis of significant blunt bowel and mesenteric injuries: Can a scoring tool make the difference? A 7-year retrospective cohort study.Zingg T, Agri F, Bourgeat M, Yersin B, Romain B, Schmidt S, Keller N, Demartines N. Injury. 2017 Sep 6. pii: S0020-1383(17)30594-6. doi: 10.1016/j.injury.2017.09.004.