The LIA/VIC laboratory unit has been certified ISO 15189:2012 by the Swiss Accreditation Service (SAS). This certification complies with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) for the handling, processing, storage and traceability of clinical study samples, standardization testing, data management and documentation required for submissions to regulatory authorities.
The majority of the assays developed in our laboratory have been validated in clinical or diagnostic studies. The LIA/VIC laboratory platform operates according to Standard Operating Procedures (or SOPs).
A state-of-the-art integrated platform of multiparametric assays measuring cellular immune responses.
- Sample preparation and storage
- Cells isolated from blood or tissue
- Aliquoting and storage of serum and/or plasma
- All samples are stored in a secure biobank located in the VIC laboratory. Samples are tracked and managed by the lab staff in secure study-specific databases
- High-dimensional flow cytometry
- Functional tests of CD4 T cell proliferation for which different mitogens or antigens derived from viruses, bacteria or yeast are available
- Regulatory T-cell immuno-phenotyping TB-Flow; a test based on the qualitative analysis of the functional profile of Mtb-specific CD4 T lymphocytes by flow cytometry to better distinguish latent Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) infection from active tuberculosis (TB)
- Mass Cytometry
- Enables the counting and/or fine phenotypic characterization of lymphocyte subpopulations (49 lymphocyte populations and subpopulations including CD4, CD8, gamma-delta T cells, B cells, NK cells, dendritic cells and monocytes).
- ELISPOT-gamma interferon assay
- IGRA-type tests that determine the frequency of T cells capable of producing the cytokine interferon-gamma in response to various specific antigens (e.g. CMV, EBV or HIV peptides)
Development, standardization and validation of tests according to ISO 15189:2012